Thornhill Oil Change & Lubrication
Using the correct Engine Oil for your vehicle is a must!
The engine is the heart of your vehicle, so changing engine oil based on the manufacturer's recommendation is likely the single most important thing that you can do to keep your vehicle's engine running longer. However, it is a must to read the recommendations closely to determine the correct interval; the interval that matches your vehicle's operating conditions and your driving habits.
The normal interval listed in the owner's manual applies to vehicles driven under ideal conditions. While you may consider your driving habits and operating conditions quite normal, read the fine print. Some exceptions to Normal driving include:
- Frequent short trips (less than 10 miles, especially during cold wintery weather)
- Stop-and-go city traffic driving
- Driving in dusty conditions, on gravel roads, i.e. the cottage
- Driving at sustained highway speeds during hot weather
- Trailer Towing
- Diesel or turbocharged engine
These conditions commonly appear in the description of "Severe Service" driving. We are the experts in Thornhill oil change.